A Star is Born is the second half of the thirty-third episode of Ready Jet Go!.
Sydney is directing the kids in a backyard movie, making her version of a Commander Cressida story about the formation of a star. The other kids all have parts, but Sunspot has the lead - as the star! The kids' movie coincides with the celebration of a star being born near (a.k.a. 10 light years away from) Bortron 7!
Sydney is outside, thinking up Commander Cressida story ideas, but keeps throwing them away. Sean comes over, and Sydney tells him that she is making her own Commander Cressida movie. Mindy also comes over and wants to be in the movie. Sydney says they all can, but she can't think of a good enough script yet.
Jet flies over and has some big space news -- a new star was born near Bortron 7, and by near he means a hundred lightyears away. Sean thinks this is so cool. Jet explains that the star is born in a place called the "Frantulon" Nebula, and that his mom and dad are throwing an Earthday Birthday party to celebrate, since Bortronians celebrate all new stars born in the neighborhood. Sean, Sydney, and Mindy are all invited.
- Jet Propulsion
- Sean Rafferty
- Sydney Skelley
- Sunspot Propulsion
- Mindy Melendez
- Celery Propulsion
- Carrot Propulsion
- Face 9000
- The episode's title has a double meaning: "A star is born" refers to the episode's movie theme and how stars are born in outer space.
- There is an incorrect fact in this episode: the characters called the nebula where stars are born the Frantulon Nebula. It is actually called the Tarantula Nebula.
- At one point, Face 9000 says "I'm ready for my closeup!", which is a reference to the film Sunset Boulevard.
- In the episode, the characters audition for the role of the character, Astrid by saying "Off we go!". However, Astrid doesn't say "Off we go!' in the final movie, Commander Cressida ended up saying it.
- The roles of everyone in the movie:
- Sydney - Commander Cressida
- Mindy - Astrid
- Jet - Hydrogen and Helium
- Sean - Sirius
- Sunspot - the star.
- In production order, this is the first episode written by Michelle Lamoreaux.