Asteroid Belt Space Race is the first half of the third episode of the second season of Ready Jet Go!.
The kids join Celery in a space race between them, Uncle Zucchini, and Auntie Eggplant and Zerk. The course is all the way around the Asteroid Belt.
The episode starts out in space, where Jet expresses his excitement of meeting Uncle Zucchini on the moon. Celery says that its their long awaited rematch to see who can win the Earth-race-thingy. Sydney explains to Jet what a race is once again. Celery is very eager to beat Zucchini.
Once the gang gets to the moon, they approach Zucchini and Moonbeam for a group hug. Celery and Zucchini are feeling very competitive. Zucchini reveals that his surprise is that Eggplant wants to join the gang in the potato-race-thingy. Eggplant then arrives with her saucer. Zerk also shows up, and is confident that he & Eggplant will win.
Next, the group has to decide where they'll race. Eggplant suggests that they race around the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, and the rest of the gang agrees. Zerk asks what an asteroid is, and Sean and Sydney teach it to him. After learning just a little bit, Zerk declares that he is an asteroid expert. Jet suggests that they make the race a hunt to find each of the weirdly shaped asteroids. The rest of the group likes this idea, and they decide to start and finish at Ceres.
Once the race begins, Team Propulsion is doing well, but Team Zucchini is having a bit of trouble since Moonbeam holds the map upside down. Over on Team Eggplant, Zerk messes up a bit on the navigation side of things.
When Team Propulsion passes Ceres, they snap a picture of it. After wondering what it's made of, Face 9000 tells the team that it's so shiny because it's filled with pockets of salt. Then, the gang nearly hits an asteroid. Afterwards, the gang starts to sing Space Racin'.
After the song gets finished, Sydney reveals that there's just one asteroid left; it's a big one called Hygiea. Zerk can't tell which asteroid is Hygiea, but Eggplant has a trick up her sleeve to help them win the race; it's a device called the Anti-Gravity Fluxinator. Once it's put in use, it steals gravity from the other racers and puts everything in slow motion. Zerk explains to Jet how it works, and Jet is distraught.
It's a race to get back to Ceres, and Eggplant & Zerk end up winning. Zerk is overjoyed, and Jet delivers the moral of the episode: it feels good to win, but what's more important is having fun with your friends and family.
- Jet Propulsion
- Sunspot Propulsion
- Sean Rafferty
- Sydney Skelley
- Celery Propulsion
- Uncle Zucchini
- Face 9000
- This episode serves a direct sequel and remake of the season 1 episode, Space Race. At the end of said episode, Celery and Zucchini make a deal to have another race in a couple of months.
- Just like in Space Race, races are referred to as "potatoes".
- This episode marks Eggplant's first appearance in an 11-minute episode.
- It is revealed that Eggplant has a saucer of her own.
- This is the third episode to take place entirely in space, the first two being Whole Lotta Shakin' and Castaway Carrot.
- An instrumental of the song featured in this episode, "Space Racin'", was used for the season 2 teaser.
- Celery mentions souping up the saucer, which references the events of Souped-Up Saucer.