Hey, I’m rather new to the RJG Wiki and I have a question about how dubbed songs should be handled on the wiki. On most wikis I have seen around, they either do one of the following:
1. They make separate sections on the pages of songs for dubbed versions, one section per language, and each section has the foreign language lyrics and a translation for those lyrics.
2. They make a single other languages page for the song, like a gallery etc. The other languages page is composed of separate sections for each language with the lyrics and a translation in the section.
3. A separate page for each dub of a song (e.g. “Mi Nombre es Mindy” is the Latin American Spanish dub of “My Name is Mindy.”)
With that being said, in the event I want to add the ly…
Here are my top 5 favorite episodes of Ready Jet Go!:
1. What's Up With Saturn's Rings?
2. Jet 2
3. Beep Has the Blues
4. More Than One Moon
5. Commander Mom
On October 19, 2019, I went onto Facebook and saw a post from Preschool Series News and Galore that Ready Jet Go had been canceled. I was so angry and upset that day. The very show that got me through the hard times since 2016 ended. I ended up getting suspended from TV Tropes for a little bit because I immaturely raged in the pages. (I am currently suspended again since March for a different reason, but that's neither here nor there).
To be honest, I'm still not over the cancellation. The news is still fresh in my mind. Every day, I wake up, hoping for new RJG content, and recently I had a dream that RJG came back in January 2021. (Shrek voice) Like that's ever gonna happen.
My other favorite shows, Steven Universe and Thomas the Tank Engin…
One year ago today, the Ready Jet Go franchise ended. I still miss it very much. However I made a video on my YouTube channel honoring the show:
Ready Jet Go is one of my favorite shows, and I don't think I'll get tired of it.
Since this month is Autism Acceptance Month, I just want to talk about a theory I had about Sean Rafferty, that he's autistic. I thought this even before I was diagnosed with autism. Here's why I think so:
- He has a special interest on space and science, especially when it comes to the Apollo 11 Mission.
- He gets upset when things don't go his way.
- He prefers to do things the old-fashioned way, like the Scientific Method
- Apart from autism, I think he also has some kind of anxiety disorder (he panics a lot when worried, and breathed into a brown paper bag in Jet Cooks Dinner, which people do when they have panic attacks) and PTSD (see Galileo, Galileo!)
Of course, he makes great eye contact with people, has a relatively easy time making friends, b…
- It got me interested in space and astronomy.
- It also got me interested in animation, especially with the beautiful animation shown off in AA Visit to the Planetarium.
- Because of Jet's actress Ashleigh Ball, it renewed my interests in Dinosaur Train and My Little Pony after I lost interest in them.
- Also because of Ashleigh Ball, it got me into this indie band called Hey Ocean, of which Ball is the lead singer. I listened to them all the time in sixth grade, which to be honest was the peak of my RJG obsession.
- It introduced me to Hey Arnold (which is from the same creator), which is now one of my favorite Nicktoons.
- It also made me a fan of David Bowie because of the Potatoes On Mars song parodying his Life On Mars song.
- Me interpreting Jet as bi …
All award shows are rigged in some way, shape, or form.
Ready Jet Go never got an Emmy or an Annie, while a lot of other preschool shows did. It didn't even get nominated. That's because the people at the Emmys and Annies are snobs who secretly hate this show.
Recently, the Parents Choice Awards happened. https://www.parentschoice.org/product-category/tv-streaming/ Those are freaking rigged too.
Literally and I mean literally EVERY PBS Kids show on air got an award (well, not Wild Kratts, Dinosaur Train, Splash and Bubbles, or Cat in the Hat). Even those that aren't even good to begin with like the Clifford reboot, Daniel Tiger, Modern Cyberchase, and Pinkalicious.
They even gave an award to ducking Peg + Cat, which hasn't made new episodes in…
Because the PBS executives are big fat poopyheads, they cancelled the show back in 2019, making it Craig Bartlett's shortest-lived property. Here's a list of stuff we never got to see
- Sean's dad
- Sydney's dad
- Mindy's dad
- Mitchell's mom
- Lillian's parents
- Lillian's last name
- Mitchell sing again
- Lillian sing
- Sydney sing a solo song
- Sean sing a solo song
- Mr. Peterson sing a proper song (not the camping song or the Scientific Method)
- The first names of Mr. Peterson, Dr. Rafferty, Dr. Melendez, and Dr. Bergs
- So much wasted potential here, right!
I put a holiday/Christmas theme for this month, since it is December. It took me FOREVER to get the right file size for the wiki background though.
You may be thinking that there's no hope. You may be thinking that we have lost this show forever.
You are wrong. We can still do something.
Here's what we're gonna do:
1. Spam the hashtag #JetPBS. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram; wherever you can, go to town on it. Share pics of your favourite characters, screenshots of your favourite episodes, fanart, anything.
2. Got any fanfictions? Post them on Fanfiction.net! There are only four stories on there right now, and they're all from me (not to brag or anything). And make it a good story! If you Google fanfics for this story right now, all you're gonna get is either poorly made "rewrites" or fetish stuff that was clearly written by a paedo.
3. Sign the petition! We're so close to our 100 signature …
I am still hoping and praying that this is all just a nightmare.
I don't understand. Why do all the good ones end so early?
I still remember the excitement when Mars Rock For Mom/Sean Has a Cold's release date was finally announced. How my jaw dropped, how I yelled "Finally!", how I ran downstairs to tell my mom (and for her to roll her eyes at me), and how I couldn't stop shaking for five minutes after the fact.
I still remember my surprise at seeing Mitchell without his hat for the first time. How my jaw physically dropped.
I still remember the first thought I had when I found this show: "Aw, that kid is cute."
This show made me believe in PBS again. This show is the reason I want to work for PBS and make cartoons for them.
Thank you, PBS. Scre…
I am 100% telling the truth when I say this, but Ready Jet Go, the best show ever made, is cancelled forever.
The information comes from here. That Nick Jr/Disney Junior/PBS Kids fan page is really reliable, as they have ways to contact various kids' show creators. They have confirmed the cancellation of many shows, including Elena of Avalor, The Lion Guard, Blaze and the Monster Machines, and so much more.
Today, they announced that Splash and Bubbles got cancelled after 1 season, and the saddest of all, Ready Jet Go! got cancelled after 2 seasons, 2 specials, and 3 full years on air. The last individual episode was Sean Has a Cold, which aired on May 6, 2019, and the last thing to ever come out of the franchise was One Small Step, which aired on…
Since this month (October) is Halloween, and I saw that other wikis put a Halloween theme this month, I decided to revamp the wiki theme to fit Halloween. I think it looks pretty nice. How about you?
I posted something like this on my DeviantArt, but I'm reposting here to hear new opinions.
If you could rewrite any episode of the series, which would you pick and why?
Me personally, I would pick Sunspot's Sunspot and rewrite it into a 22-minute two parter. It had a really cool concept, but it didn't do too much with it and it felt way too short. By extending it to 22-minutes, the stakes could have been raised and maybe we could have seen more wackier side effects the sunspot has on Sunspot.
I'm making this blog to ask you all this question: how did y'all discover this show?
I discovered it through TV Tropes, because I kept seeing it pop up everywhere (probably NeptuneID13's doing). I clicked the link that lead to their page and looked it over. My first thought was "Aw, that kid (Sean) is so cute". I then went to this wiki (at the time it was a pretty crap wiki) and looked it over. I finally decided to watch a few eps, and really enjoyed it.
That was in the summer of 2018. How and when did you discover, this one-of-a-kind gem of a show?
RJG has a category on Fanfiction.net. It could use some love, considering that the quality of RJG fanfics on other sites ranges from "mediocre" to "bad" to "oh my god this was written by a paedophile".
I made a Change.org petition to save Ready Jet Go and renew it for a third season.
We need to get 100 supporters to show the Public Broadcasting Service that we care about the show and want to see more seasons/episodes. A third season has so much potential; you could so episodes on Mercury and Uranus, keeping the environment clean, perhaps develop some characters more, etc.
Others way you can support the show:
Stream the episodes (legally!) on Amazon Prime Video, iTunes, and on PBSKids.org. In addition, you can also tune into the show when it comes on live television on your local PBS station. Links are in the petition description.
Buy the merchandise: https://shop.pbskids.org/ready-jet-go
Buy the DVDs: so far, there are …
One Small Step airs on PBS tomorrow!!!! (Check your local listings) Make sure to support it by watching it on TV, on the PBS Kids website or app, or on Family Night on the PBS Kids 24/7 channel!!!!
Don't forget that the DVD comes out July 2!
I just watched Who Messed Up the Treehouse? / Fact or Fiction? and am looking forward to seeing Moon Circus and Everyday is Earth Day tomorrow.
Season 2#Episodes arranges by production code rather than debut dates which I find a tad confusing.
It is also frustrating how the TV guide, while it lists titles and summaries, does not list an "Original air date" as it normally does. Not sure why it's omitted.
Wednesday will be My Three Suns and Magnet, PI, followed by Sunspot's Sunspot and Our Sun is a Star! on thursday.
I don't see any more scheduled on the PVR, I suppose because after April 18 the next will be May 6 and my PVR only schedules 11 days ahead. I wonder how people found out about Mars Rock For Mom and Sean Has a Cold so far in advance! …
New eps are gonna be airing on Wednesdays in July as well.
Earth, Wind, and Flyer / Mini-Golf at the DSA: Jet is fascinated by the effects of wind on his saucer. He and the kids study how wind works, ending with Sean going on a wild saucer ride. / Jet is fascinated by Earthie golf, and Sean and Sydney try to teach him the rules. When the DSA builds a new mini-golf course, the kids team up against the grownups, and Jet gets to apply his new knowledge of force. (July 4)
Water, Water Everywhere / Commander Cressida Story Contest: Jet takes the kids on a saucer tour all around the Earth to discover all the ways that water can be found. They visit Antarctica to look at the ice, and then compare that extreme to the icy surface of Jupiter's moon Eu…
RJG will return with new episodes every Wednesday in June and July. I found out about the new eps coming in June.
June 6: Eye in the Sky / Total Eclipse Block Party.
June 13: Souped-Up Saucer / Pet Sounds
June 20: I Feel the Earth Move / Zerk Visits Earth
June 27: Asteroid Belt Space Race / Sydney 2
UPDATE: I found short descriptions of 3/4 of the episodes on Moviefone, and I found the full description of EITS/TEBP on KUED.
Eye in the Sky / Total Eclipse Block Party: Sean is planning his first sleepout under the stars with his Space Scouts troop, but the weather is threatening, and it looks like his sleepout will be rained out. The kids get help from Mitchell , building a weather observation station to make a weather prediction, and visit the DS…
The creator of this show, Craig Bartlett, hosted a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) today. I asked him tons of questions. Here are the answers.
-Cody, Mitchell's dog, is a mutt.
-My Fair Jet IS a reference to My Fair Lady.
-Mindy and Mitchell would just be friends, and perhaps Mindy would get Mitchell to be less shy.
-Mitchell isn't related to Stinky Petersen from Hey Arnold
Last year, the show's Twitter posted a picture of Sydney, Mindy, Jet, and Sunspot dressed up for Christmas. So I thought that there was going to be a Christmas special.
Then, a few months ago, they liked a Tweet where the OP wondered if the show was gonna have a Christmas special. So I was pretty sure there was gonna be one.
Then, on October 11, I discovered that the Christmas special was real. It's called Holidays in Boxwood Terrace. It's a 2-parter, just like Jet's First Halloween and Sunday Drive. It airs on December 11. Here's the official synopsis for the episode:
Jet pitches an idea for the annual Boxwood Terrace Christmas Pageant, and not only is it accepted, h…
I made a fanon wiki for the show where you can create fanfictions and OCs of the show.
PBS likes to air all the episodes out of production order. Even Wikipedia lists the episodes in airing order, and not in production order. Here is the real order of the episodes
My source is the KET website. I don't live in Kentucky, but my local station's websites doesn't list the episodes
- Tour of the Solar System / Jet Cooks Dinner
- How We Found Your Sun / Treehouse Observatory
- Round and Round / The Plant from Bortron 7
- Just the Right Distance From the Sun / Solar Power Rover
- How Come the Moon Has Craters? / Backyard Moon Base
- How Come the Moon Changes Shape / Night of a Bazillion Stars
- Mission to the Moon / Mindy’s Moon Bounce House
- Beep has the Blues / Chore Day
- A Kid’s Guide to Mars / Jet 2
- More Than One Moon / Visit to Mom’s Office
- Mission to Mar…
For some reason, the show likes to hide Sean's father. In fact, the show likes to hide almost all the Earthie parents except for Sean's mom, Mitchell's dad, and as of Back to Bortron 7, Sydney's mom.
We know that Sean has a dad. He mentioned his dad in "Night of a Bazillion Stars" and in the recent episode "Sean's Year in Space", Sean has a picture of his dad with his mom. ----------------------------------------------------------------->
But why is he never seen?
Theory #1. He is an astronaut
This is Sean's bio: "Sean, the son of scientists and astronauts, figures he’s going to grow up to be a great scientist himself and plans to lead the first mission to Mars."
Dr. Rafferty is the scientist, obviously. So Sean's father has to be the astronau…
A New Episode called A Vist to Borton 9 / Jet Names a Moon of Borton 7 just aried on August 18
So apparently, there's gonna be a movie called Ready Jet Go!: Return to Bortron 7. According to this, the summary is: "When Jet's parents need to return to their home planet, Sean and Sydney join the Propulsion family for an epic adventure to Bortron 7."
Referenced mostly from
Background is a zoomed-in screencap from the show.