Earth Camping is the second half of the twenty-fifth episode of Ready Jet Go!.
Mr. Peterson and Mitchell go camping with Carrot and Jet. The two dads have opposite approaches to setting up tents and preparing food, but when the dads get off track during a hike, the boys help them all find their way back using the compass, and the skills they've learned from their dads (turns out the kids were paying attention all along!).
- Jet Propulsion
- Sunspot Propulsion
- Carrot Propulsion
- Mitchell Peterson
- Mr. Peterson
- Floyd (debut)
We can find our place outdoors by understanding how to find direction - north, south, east, and west. The Sun rises in the east and sets in the west. A compass uses the Earth's magnetic field to find which way is north (the small magnet inside the compass is drawn by the Earth's magnetism to point to the north pole).
- This is one of the few times where Mitchell isn't trying to solve a mystery.
- The hiking song that the characters sing is sung to the tune of the Marine Corps Marching Cadence.
- Carrot marking the trail with Mitchell's jellybeans is a reference to the fairy-tale Hansel and Gretel, where the eponymous characters mark their trail with breadcrumbs.
- The squirrel that ate Mitchell's jellybeans would go on to make appearances in The Mindysphere and Space Race.
- On November 6, 2018, a tornado warning interrupted a broadcasting of this episode on WNPT, the PBS station in Nashville, Kentucky.