How We Found Your Sun is the first half of the second episode of Ready Jet Go.
Jet explains how his family, the Propulsions, found Earth by way of the Sun, a star in the Milky Way galaxy. Celery takes the kids out into space and shows them how the Sun looks huge, or small like other stars, depending on your perspective.
- Jet Propulsion
- Sean Rafferty
- Sydney Skelley
- Sunspot Propulsion
- Mindy Melendez
- Celery Propulsion
- Carrot Propulsion
- Face 9000
The sun is a star. Our sun is a star in the Milky Way galaxy, a yellow dwarf. The Propulsion family comes from another star in our galaxy: Bortron, a smaller, cooler red dwarf star.
Home Media Releases
- The Propulsions' backstory is revealed in this episode:
- "Well, my mom and dad are, um, how would you say-- they write true stories about traveling and exploring around the galaxy. And we were flying across this part of the galaxy, looking for nice, life-friendly planets to visit and write more stories about. And way out in the middle of nowhere, we picked up this primitive radio signal from Earth that had been traveling across space, so we figured you'd still be here. It was a song... and a catchy one! We knew that whoever was out there at the other end of the signal would be life friendly and have a good sense of rhythm. So we followed the radio signal. That's how we found your star, the Sun!"
- In this episode, Sydney tells the story of Icarus to Sean.
- If you listen closely, the song that was coming from Earth in the Propulsions' backstory sounds similar to the show's theme song.
- Some of the lyrics that can be heard are "I'm on fire, baby give me some room." and "E=Mc2". The rest of the song is not audible enough, and is covered up by Jet's narration.
- In this episode, Carrot tries to cook falafel.
- This was the second produced episode, but it was aired as the seventh episode.
- When Jet pulls Sean into the van, Sean's arm briefly clips through his torso.