|“||A kid's place is exploring space!||”|
— Sydney Skelley
Sydney is the “sci-fi kid.” She loves sci-fi stories – any kind of story, in fact- but especially a multi-platform series, “Commander Cressida,” about a fearless female spaceship captain.
Sydney is all about using her imagination. She represents the power of imagination in science – the person who asks “what if?”. She knows that science-fiction ideas have inspired many technological innovations and advances and that scientists are as inspired by what they saw on Star Trek as anything in a scientific journal.
Sydney is a young girl with brown skin. She has black hair in a bun, held by a yellow hair tie. She wears a grey t-shirt with a white-with-black-stripes undershirt. Her leggings are usually black, but can sometimes appear to be grey. She wears brown boots.
Not much is known about Sydney's past, but in Satellite Selfie, she mentions that her house used to painted pink before it got painted white. This happened sometime before Jet moved to the neighborhood.
- How Come the Moon Has Craters? (Song)
- Night of a Bazillion Stars (song)
- What Goes Up (Must Come Down)
- Programming Ditty
- So Many Moons (song)
- Intergalactic Travel Writers
- Venus! (Earth's Broiling Hot Twin)
- Tiny Blue Dot (song)
- Dear Little Frozen Pluto
- A Star is Born (song)
- Lone Star!
- A Scientific Town
- Neptune Kind of Day
- Earthday Birthday (song)
- The Spirit of Christmas
- Her last name, Skelley, is Gaelic for "storyteller", which relates to how Sydney loves telling stories.
- Sydney loves ratatouille, which her mom makes.
- She knows how to play the piano as shown in Potatoes on Mars.
- She has her very own PBS Kids Spotlight segment.
Click here to view the gallery.
|Jet Propulsion • Sean Rafferty • Sydney Skelley • Mindy Melendez • Sunspot Propulsion • Carrot Propulsion • Celery Propulsion • Face 9000|
Dr. Rafferty • Dr. Bergs • Amy Skelley • Mr. Peterson • Mitchell Peterson • Lillian