"A kid's place is exploring space!"-Sydney
Sydney is the “sci-fi kid.” She loves sci-fi stories – any kind of story, in fact- but especially a multi-platform series, “Commander Cressida,” about a fearless female spaceship captain.
Sydney is all about using her imagination. She represents the power of imagination in science – the person who asks “what if?”. She knows that science-fiction ideas have inspired many technological innovations and advances and that scientists are as inspired by what they saw on Star Trek as anything in a scientific journal.
Sydney is arguably the kindest of Jet's group of friends. She's always there to support her friends whenever they need help. She can also detect emotions easily and will confront any injustice she sees. Sydney behaves as a mother or big sister figure to the rest of the gang, providing wisdom and advice to them. Sydney is very ambitious, and like Sean, has big dreams and strives to be the best at what she does. Unlike, Sean, however, Sydney is more open to making mistakes, and focuses more on imagination than the fact-driven Sean. However, she can get a little bossy sometimes.
Sydney is shown to have great mechanic skills. With some help, she built her own robot in the episode Sydney 2, and she fixed Jet's super saucer in the movie, One Small Step. She is also an amazing pilot; due to the knowledge of piloting she has gained from playing the video game Astro Tracker, she is able to co-pilot the mothership with ease in Back to Bortron 7. In Season 2, she becomes the official co-pilot of the family saucer.
Sydney is a young girl with brown skin. She has black hair in a bun, held by a yellow hair tie. She wears a grey t-shirt with a white-and-black-striped long-sleeved undershirt. Her leggings are usually black, but can sometimes appear to be grey. She wears brown boots.
Not much is known about Sydney's past, but in Satellite Selfie, she mentions that her house used to painted pink before it got painted white. This happened sometime before Jet moved to the neighborhood.
- Finland: Susa Saukko
- Hungary: Pekár Adrienn
- Norway: Liv Almaas
- Latin America: Navid Cabrera
- South Korea: Jeon Hae-ri
- Her first name is the name of a city in Australia. Her last name, Skelley, is Gaelic for "storyteller", which relates to how Sydney loves telling stories.
- Sydney loves ratatouille, which her mom makes.
- She knows how to play the piano as shown in Potatoes on Mars.
- She has her very own PBS Kids Spotlight segment.
- It is unknown where her father is, the only evidence proving he exists is in Mindy's Mystery, where she offhandedly mentions that her dad uses aftershave.
- In Mindy's Bedtime, it is revealed that she has an Indian pen pal named Ahana.
- Her name in the Norwegian dub is Signe.
Click here to view the gallery.
|Jet Propulsion • Sean Rafferty • Sydney Skelley • Mindy Melendez • Sunspot Propulsion • Carrot Propulsion • Celery Propulsion • Face 9000|
Dr. Rafferty • Dr. Bergs • Amy Skelley • Mr. Peterson • Mitchell Peterson • Lillian