Tiny Blue Dot is the first half of the twenty-fifth episode of Ready Jet Go!.
A rollicking, song-filled recap of the Propulsion family's mission to Earth - as intergalactic travel writers, they really know their way around the Milky Way, and know the difference between a lovely, livable 'Goldilocks Planet' like Earth, and the other, way less-livable planets!
The Earth is a very rare and wonderful planet in the vastness of space, with its ideal size, its distance from its sun, its breathable atmosphere, liquid oceans, and ability to sustain life.
- This episode is inspired by the Pale Blue Dot, a photo of the Earth that was taken by Voyager 1.
- Some inspiration from this episode comes from Craig Bartlett's experiences:
Craig Bartlett: I wanted to make a space show for years. More than a decade ago, I worked on a project for NASA called the Shuttle Launch Experience. It was at the Visitors Centers out at Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral, where they used to launch shuttles. I was the Media Editor of that project. We knew our audience would be waiting in line in the Florida heat, on this long kind of gantry that goes up and into the experience. So we made this pre-show that was 26 astronauts being interviewed. Every one of the astronauts told me the same thing about looking back at the Earth from space. They said, ‘You can’t forget it. It’s a life changing experience. You’ll never look at the Earth the same again. It’s incredibly beautiful, you realize instantly that there are no borders, it’s just one blue spaceship, you know, and that we should take care of it.
- This is the show's first musical episode.
- Some websites call this episode The Tiny Blue Spaceship.
- Three of the songs introduced in this episode were released exactly a month earlier on July 19, 2016 on the Solar System Songs soundtrack album, before this episode aired on TV.